A hand dryer manufacturer, of both the World Dryer and American Dryer Brands, World Dryer is the latest addition to the line card of IMARK Electrical preferred suppliers.
Founded in 1951, just a few years after the first hand dryer came to be, World Dryer prides itself on engineering products that revolve around its customers and their users—the features that matter to them are the ones the company focuses on improving. World Dryer is now part of the Zurn product portfolio.
World Dryer is best known for offering the most hygienic, energy-efficient, durable product along with the best-in-class 10-year warranty in the market.
While much has changed since the company’s start, World Dryer is the same company it always has been at
its core. “We advance our products for our customers,” Joe Cannizzaro, national sales manager at World Dryer, said. “We’re not about innovating for innovation’s sake, nor do we aim to be first for the bragging rights.”
There will always be another way to improve the user experience and maximize the restroom space. “We’ve solved those scenarios in the past (quieter, faster operation, compliance, sanitation, lowest cost of ownership),” Cannizzaro said. “We know we’ll do it again and outsmart our previous solutions.”
Like many companies, World Dryer was heavily affected by the COVID pandemic.
“This pandemic has caused a global shutdown of most public restrooms as well as either halted or slowed new/remodel construction projects,” Cannizzaro said.
World Dryer understands that users and businesses are rightly concerned with the spread of germs in the current environment. However, everyone should be adequately informed about the misleading information on hand dryers.
The World Health Organization recommends “frequently cleaning hands…and drying [them] thoroughly by using paper towels or a warm air dryer.” Health officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Johns Hop-kins University have also stated that “there is no evidence that hand dryers are spreading the coronavirus.”
World Dryer hand dryers allow users to dry their hands completely and confidently with touchless operation. Added features such as a High Efficiency Particle Air (HEPA) filter captures 99.97% of particles, 0.3um or larger, cleaning the air before it reaches hands.
A previous Mayo Clinic study reported on different types of hand drying and found “no significant difference in bacteria counts when drying with paper towels or hand dryers.”
So, IMARK distributors shouldn’t neglect hand dryers as electricians and electrical contractors are installing these products, making them a great sales opportunity.
“Hand dryers are not thought of often enough but in reality, IMARK members would be providing a huge value to their customers by offering hand dryers,” Cannizzaro said. “We can show you how to dollarize the cost savings and return on investment converting ‘paper to air.’”
Retro-fitting hand dryers into public restrooms that are primarily using paper towel dispensers provides a huge opportunity for IMARK members to offer significant savings to the customers they service daily with their electrical product needs.
“Distributors that are displaying a sample dryer at the counter generate interest and awareness from their local counter customers,” Cannizzaro said. “From a retrofit perspective, electrical contractors who are working with the building owner could influence the addition of hand dryers to help building owners eliminate ongoing expense within the restroom.”
World Dryer joined IMARK Electrical on September 1. Cannizzaro, who previously worked in the lighting industry for more than 20 years, knew the value of an IMARK partnership and looks forward to working with IMARK distributor members.
For more information, visit worlddryer.com.
The following are four of World Dryers’ top-selling products.
The VERDEdri is a high-speed, surface-mounted ADA-compliant hand dryer with flexible controls and hygienic features. This product provides:
- Accessibility in a pathway
- Dry hands in 12 seconds
- HEPA filtration and anti-microbial technology for enhanced sanitation
- Three speeds to control air flow and sound level
- Universal voltage that accepts 110- to 277- volt input
- 10-year warranty
- A motor that lasts up to three times longer than comparable models
The SMARTdri Series features high-speed, energy-efficient, durable, hygienic hand dryers with flexible controls. These products:
- Dry hands in as little as 10 seconds
- Use up to 80% less energy than conventional models
- Have hygienic anti-microbial technology for enhanced sanitation
- Have on/off heating and three speeds to control sound, comfort and efficiency
- Have a motor that lasts up to three times longer than comparable models
- Have a 10 -year warranty
- Have a single-port or multi-port nozzle, which will accommodate a range of air-dry preferences
The Vmax V2 is a surface-mounted “hands-in” vertical style high-speed hand dryer powered by a brushless DC motor and featuring a HEPA filter system. This product offers:
- A 25% wider hand drying cavity opening than comparable models
- Antimicrobial technology for enhanced sanitation
- ADA compliance
- Quiet operation (performs at lower sound level than comparable models)
- LED display signals for when the filter should be changed for easy sanitary maintenance
- Dedicated water reservoir that collects residual water to prevent wet floor hazards
The eXtremeAir GXT9 - the eXtremeAir Series keeps dry times, energy usage, dimensions, and costs to a minimum. This product offers:
- Variable speed control adjusts airflow and sound level
- Universal voltage accepts 110-240 V input
- Fast performance dries hands in as little as 10 seconds
- Compact design optimizes space